Amazon Pay is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Senior Legal Counsel at its office in Bengaluru, India.
About Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is an online payments processing service owned by Amazon. Launched in 2007, Amazon Pay uses the consumer base of Amazon.com and focuses on giving users the option to pay with their Amazon accounts on external merchant websites.
About the Opportunity
Amazon Pay is looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving payments businesses. You will serve as the lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of payment and regulatory matters with particular focus on UPI, payment aggregation business, consumer lending solutions, co-،nded credit card programs and merchant services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of payment and regulatory matters with particular focus on UPI, payment aggregation business, consumer lending solutions, co-،nded credit card programs and merchant services.
- Work with business and tech partners to structure complex transactions with third party, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory compliances and also offer advisory on information security related aspects.
- Work with business teams to explore and evaluate new business opportunities in the payments ،e, to help the teams understand the regulatory compliances and to facilitate launch of any new ،ucts/ services.
- Providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relation،ps, drafting and negotiating complicated payment, co،nd and other commercial agreements, and providing ongoing legal counseling on a wide range of legal areas including payment aggregation business.
- Engagement with bank and network partners, manage customer disputes and ،ist in responding to regulatory complaints.
- Regulatory engagement and to work with industry ،ies to drive policy change initiatives, and to represent Amazon Pay in regulatory fo،s; you will work closely with various teams including the public policy team for such matters.
- Responsible to monitor and publish regulatory changes, and work with various internal teams to drive compliance.
- L.L.B (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
- A minimum of 12+ years of legal experience in financial sector (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-،use.
- Additional CS qualification is desirable.
- Extensive experience and strong s،s in drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Extensive experience in ،yzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters.
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
- Strong legal and business judgment.
- Excellent written and ، communication s،s.
- Excellent interpersonal s،s to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end.