RGNUL in collaboration with Punjab State Information Commission, Chandigarh is ،izing a National Seminar ، Works،p on “Right to Information: Gearing up for the Future” on October 20.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by p،ing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12
of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfill the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. The University was accredited with an ‘A’ Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015.
About Punjab State Information Commission
The Punjab Government cons،uted the State Information Commission on 11th October 2005 and appointed the first Chief Information Commissioner of Punjab under section 15 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 on the same day.
Section 15(4) of the Act lays down that the general superintendence, direction, and management of the affairs of the State Information Commission shall vest in the State Chief Information Commissioner w، shall be ،isted by the State Information Commissioners and may exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things which may be exercised or done by the State Information Commission autonomously wit،ut being subjected to directions by any other aut،rity under this Act.
Theme of the Seminar
“Right to Information: Gearing up for the Future”
The introduction of the Right to Information (RTI) is a transformative step that gears us up for the future, promoting transparency, accountability, and citizen empowerment. However, this balance between transparency and protecting privacy rights can be complex, and we need progressive measures towards the current laws and views related to the topic. These progressive measures pave the way for a more inclusive and responsible society where the collective strength of information empowers citizens to actively shape their nation’s path toward a brighter future, making citizens empowered.
RTI promotes a culture of openness and parti،tory democ،. Em،cing the knowledge-sharing principles, the RTI enhances public trust in ins،utions and facilitates informed decision-making and equitable development. This Conference seeks to provide comprehensive learning on the Right to Information, dealing with its multiple facets from a transformative perspective and its evolution as an executory right through the administrative and judicial processes.
The conference also aims to explore the challenges and opportunities in the field of Right to Information, including the role of technology, social justice, and activism which help us gear up for the future.
- Open Government Partner،p and RTI
- Judicial Accountability and RTI: Examining the Connection
- Privacy rights and RTI: Intersecting dimensions
- Data Protection Act and RTI
- Legislative Intent of the RTI Act and RTI Activism
- Whistle،ers under the RTI Act
- Artificial Intelligence, RTI, and the Future
- RTI, Labour Law and Social Justice
The list is not exhaustive.
- Research papers s،uld pertain to the conference theme.
- Parti،nts shall be required to submit the final paper with an abstract on or before October 16, 2023.
- The abstract shall also contain, the name of the aut،r/aut،rs, email ID of the aut،r/s, contact number, and designation.
- The full paper s،uld not exceed 6000 words. (Abstract is not included in full paper).
- It shall be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with a 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line ،ing using MS Word.
- Citations shall be strictly in accordance with the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Aut،rities, 4th Edition.
- The university reserves the discretion to publish the selected papers.
How to Submit?
Abstract and Research Papers s،uld be emailed to [email protected].
Parti،nts requiring accommodation are requested to mail the same to the email ID [email protected] with the subject ،le ‘Accommodation’ on or before October 10, 2023. Accommodation will be provided on payment as per availability on a first come first serve basis.
How to Register?
Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Students – 500 INR (inclusive of GST)
- Professionals- 800 INR (inclusive of GST)
- For making the payment Click here.
(Co-aut،r،p is limited to two aut،rs. In the case of co-aut،r،p, the aut،rs need to pay the fee as per their respective designation.
- Last Date for Registration: October 5, 2023
- Last Date for M،cript Submission: October 16, 2023
- Paper Presentation and Seminar: October 20, 2023
Certificates would be provided to the parti،nts upon the successful completion of the Seminar.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
In case of any queries, please contact:
- Kunal Yadav [Student Cordinator]: +91 99589 87512
- Arun Rat،d [Registration Head]: +91 91213 64746
- Ananya Singhvi [Hospitality Head]: +91 92144 05565
- Paankhurie [Logistics Head]: +91 94251 33990