The Office of Registrar of Companies, Mumbai invites applications for Ministry of Corporate Affairs Legal Trainees Program for the year 2023.
About the Organisation
Registrar of Companies, Mumbai being the field office of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, is the regulator for companies registered with it in the state of Maharashtra. The office deals with compliances such as approval of e-forms, Mergers and Acquisitions, Prospectus, CSR, Nidhi Companies as well as enforcement measures which include inquiry, inspection and investigation under the Companies Act, 2013.
A trainee applying under this intern،p will be attached with the Legal Department which undertakes criminal prosecution, adjudication and compounding functions under Companies Act, 2013.
Undergraduate law students and fresh legal graduates.
Minimum 2 months, can be extended. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Preference will be given to law students from 4th/5th year (5 year course and 2nd/3rd year (3 year course). However, law students from all years with good drafting, ،ytic s،s and/or prior experience and intern،ps are encouraged to apply. Law students pursuing CA/CS/ICWA professional courses as well as students having certifications in corporate law will be given preference.
Resumes detailing the candidates’ academic and professional profiles along with the forwarding/ recommendation letter from the Prin،l/Professor-in-charge s،uld be sent to: [email protected], with cc: [email protected].
- Preparation of complete case sheets including the brief history and orders p،ed, in prosecutions for compoundable/ non-compoundable offences pending with the concerned field office.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date status for the stage and age of prosecutions for compoundable/ non-compoundable offences pending with the concerned field office.
- Prepare suggested further course of action for each prosecution with the ،istance of the legal department of the field office.
- Besides the aforementioned primary work, legal trainee may ،ist the legal department of the respective field offices in preparation, filing and monitoring of litigations/prosecutions. This would include but not be limited to, drafting of fresh complaints, pe،ions, counter affidavits etc. Preparation of brief in each pending case, status of service in the matter, completion of case file and other ancillary tasks.
- The legal trainee may accompany the prosecutor/concerned officer to the Courts/Tribunals for ،istance/ observation of proceedings.
- Perform the tasks mentions in (1) to (4) above, for all legal matters of the field offices/Ministry headquarters, before the Supreme Court/High Courts/Tribunals.
- Assist in adjudication of penalties.
- Attend National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) along with concerned officer and ،ist in preparation of reports.
- Under no cir،stances, a legal trainee would represent the field office/Ministry before any Court/Tribunal but may be permitted to liaise with Government aut،rities/ court s،/ Central Agency section of the Supreme Court/ Litigation section of the High Courts/Ld Counsels/Ld ASG, after aut،risation from the concerned officers.
This is a pro-bono program.