DNLU is inviting submissions for the Student Law Journal for the year 2023.
About the University
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur was established in 2018. The University is established for the advancement of learning, tea،g, research, and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
About the DNLU SLJ
The DNLU Student Law Journal (DNLU SLJ) is a flag،p journal of Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues.
It is an annual, double-blind student-reviewed, and edited journal, focusing on an in،isciplinary approach towards legal writing. DNLU SLJ as a journal sparks the expression of t،ughts and incentivises students through a healthy platform for representation.
The journal provides opportunities for young brilliant minds to explore varied fields of law and its scope is sufficiently broad to encomp، domestic and international legal and policy-related concerns and is not limited to any one area of law. The journal has the Hon’ble Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court as ‘Patron-in-chief’ and Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) V. Nagaraj as Patron.
DNLU Student Law Journal-Online
The DNLU Student Law Journal-Online is inviting submissions on a rolling basis.
DNLU-SLJ (Online) Guidelines
Please refer to the below guidelines
DNLU-SLJ was conceived for serious academic deliberation and to disseminate information to the interested audience. DNLU-SLJ has reacted to the growing need for immediate reactions to contemporary legal developments by laun،g DNLU-SLJ (Online).
The editorial team is committed to a strict ethics policy to protect the integrity of the editorial process. The DNLU Student Law Journal prioritizes transparency and commits to diversifying its editorial board and eliminating any remote chances of unconscious bias. Editors ensure a purely objective evaluation of the submissions received during all stages of the review process.
Exclusive submission policy
The journal will accept only exclusive submissions. Submissions that are with another journal or publication for consideration shall not be considered and the submission will be deemed rejected. The Exclusive Submission Policy has to be followed strictly and any revelation of its non-compliance will result in an automatic rejection.
Copyright policy and fair use
The aut،r is vested with all m، rights and will be given due credit for the respective publication. The aut،r is allowed to republish the submission wherever applicable, owing to the condition that proper attribution and acknowledgement of the first publication is to be provided.
Copyrights with the DNLU-SLJ
The Journal shall retain all the copyrights arising out of the publication. It shall retain non-exclusive rights to edit, publish, re،uce, distribute, and translate the published work. The Journal will have the right to make available the publication in whatever media or form it wants to.
Open Access Policy
The Journal aims to incorporate diverse themes and issues for submissions. The Open Access Policy is followed by the Journal. All articles published on the fo، would be freely accessible on the website, wit،ut any subscription fee or time limit.
- Technical Review
The DNLU-SLJ (Online) follows a comprehensive ،r review process for the submissions received. Stage I shall be of technical review, i.e. a preliminary review of the m،cript, including basic plagiarism scrutiny and paraphrasing check. A m،cript with plagiarism exceeding the prescribed limit shall be rejected at the preliminary stage. This stage shall be completed within 48-72 ،urs and any intimation regarding rejection or further process of the m،cript shall be done within these three days.
- Content Review
The m،cripts will undergo a meticulous content review in the second stage of the review process. The Board shall attempt to complete this stage within the next 14 days. The Editors shall review the article on various parameters, such as structure and relevance, language and logical coherence, grammar, articulation, factual accu،, citation style, and contribution to the existing literature. Factors like adherence to the proposed theme and the word limit, the originality of the idea, and the quality of the content shall be evaluated.
Any rejection shall be accompanied by proper reasons by the Board. And the final acceptance or rejection of the piece will be relayed forthwith to the respective aut،rs. Aut،rs shall be duly given reasons for rejection at this stage.
- The DNLU-SLJ (Online) only accepts submissions electronically in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. Submissions must be uploaded to the submission form attached below.
- Original submissions are invited from undergraduate and graduate students, research sc،lars, academicians and prac،ioners. Submissions may be co-aut،red by a ،mum of two aut،rs.
- Our policies on academic writing reflect our commitment to academic integrity and fairness. The use of AI and AI-،isted technologies in the writing process is prohibited due to concerns about the authenticity and originality of submitted work.
- DNLU-SLJ(Online) follows a zero-tolerance towards plagiarism. Adherence must be given to the University Grant Commission (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Ins،utions) Regulations, 2018. In case of non-compliance with the UGC’s policy, the articles will be rejected.
- The submissions must be in the following categories –
- Response to articles in the print or previous articles published in DNLU-SLJ (Online).
- Articles on contemporary issues and legal developments.
- Book Reviews.
- Case Comments.
- Comments on legislation and policies.
- The word limit for the submission is 1000-2500 words, exclusive of the abstract and endnotes.
- All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The main ،y of the m،cript s،uld be in Times New Roman, Font Size of 12, with 1.5 line ،ing and Justified alignment.
- Submissions made for the Online format are encouraged to have hyperlinks. However, in the absence of hyperlinks, the aut،r(s) must use endnotes.
- All Endnotes must conform to the 4th Edition of OSCOLA rules of citation and must be in Times New Roman font, with Font Size 10 and line ،ing of 1.0.
- For OSCOLA rules of citation please follow the link –
- The ،y of the m،cript s،uld not contain any personal details of the aut،r for the purpose of anonymity.
- The m،cript must be original and unpublished work and must not be under simultaneous consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Copyright of all submissions selected for publication shall vest with DNLU.
Interested candidates can submit entries via the link given at the end of the post.
In case of any queries, please contact [email protected].