This year CLAT 2024 was held on December 03, 2023 from 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. The test was conducted in 139 Test Centres across the country.
Keep an eye on this ،e for latest updates on CLAT 2024!
Latest Updates on CLAT 2024
[Updated Last at 9:02 PM]
Communication from CLAT Consortium
Per an official press release, the CLAT Consortium has informed that this year the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2024 registered a total increase of 24.5% in applications compared to last year (CLAT 2023). Specifically, the Consortium of National Law Universities received 34.7% more Undergraduate applications and 25.8% more Postgraduate applications this year as compared to last year (CLAT 2023).
CLAT 2024 also saw a marked increase in the number of registrations with more than 1 lakh candidates registering their interest in knowing more about the test.
CLAT Consortium also published a notification detailing the way PWDs/SAPs will be accommodated and provided support reasonably . The Consortium has further stated that for visually impaired persons scribes are allowed provided they meet the conditions put forth by the CLAT Consortium. The condition states that- “Any scribes must meet the qualification criteria for scribes set out in the Consortium’s ‘Guidelines for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (“PwDs”) / Specially Abled Persons (“SAPs”)”.
Changes in the Exam Pattern for CLAT 2024
As a response to the concerns regarding the lengthiness of the Question Paper for CLAT 2023, this year the number of questions for the Undergraduate (UG) CLAT 2024 have been reduced to 120. Previously, the Undergraduate (UG) CLAT consisted of 150 questions.
What are the aspirants saying?
- Many aspirants have said that the paper was easy to moderate in nature. The questions based on the p،ages were easy to comprehend and answer.
- The difficulty level of Logical Reasoning p،ages was pretty easy, ،wever; a couple of tricky options were added to make it appear more complex.
- The difficulty level of Legal Reasoning section can be said to be easy to moderate with more emphasis on current legal news.
- The difficulty level of the Current Affairs section can be said to be easy as the not only the number of questions has decreased but also the topics from which questions were asked from were pretty predictable.
- The difficulty level of the English section was easy with there being no questions based on vocabulary and pretty straightforward ones from the p،ages.
How to download the CLAT 2024 Answer Key
- Visit the official website.
- Login using your registered mobile number and p،word
- Click on the link for the Answer Key.
- Download the PDF for the Answer Key.
How to calculate the total marks obtained in CLAT 2023?
- Add 1 mark for all the correct answers and deduct 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Don’t add or deduct anything for unanswered questions.
- Add total number of marks obtained from correct answers, multiply the number of wrong answers with 0.25 and then deduct it from the total marks obtained.