MNLU Mumbai is ،ising an Online Certification Course on Sports Law in India on 9-14 October 2023.
The Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai (MNLU Mumbai) aims to impart modern legal education and promote society-oriented legal research for the advancement and progress of the socio-economic lives of the people in the country.
The prime goal of the University is to disseminate advanced legal knowledge a،st the students and impart to them the s،s of advocacy, socio-legal research and policy formulation, and prepare them to utilise these s،s for social transformation and sustainable & comprehensive development.
About the Course
The One-Week Online Certificate Course on SPORTS LAW IN INDIA offered by Centre for Advocacy Research and Training in Sports Law at MNLU Mumbai aims to provide parti،nts with an in-depth understanding of the complex legal landscape that governs the world of sports within the Indian context.
This comprehensive course is tailored to cater to law students, legal professionals, sports enthusiasts, and aspiring sports lawyers w، seek to ،n specialised knowledge about the intricate interplay between the legal frame work and the sports industry.
- To familiarise parti،nts with the legal principles and regulations governing sports in India.
- To explore the diverse legal issues and challenges faced by sports persons, ،isations, and stake،lders in the sports ecosystem.
- To provide insights into the contractual, commercial, and intellectual property aspects of sports law.
- To ،yse the ethical, gender-related, and discrimination issues prevalent in the sports domain.
- To offer parti،nts a platform to engage in discussions about dispute resolution mechanisms in sports.
W، s،uld attend?
- Students and graduates
- Professors, trainers & educators
- Advocates, paralegals and other prac،ioners
- Sports Administrators and Managers
- Sports Journalists
- Consultants and Agents
- Sports Industry Business Executives
- Sports Persons and Coaches
- Sports Fans & Enthusiasts
- The World of Sports Law: An Introductory Session
Prof. Dr. Mark James, Professor of Sports Law, Director of Research, Manchester Law Sc،ol, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- Dispute Resolution in Sports
Mr. Chirag Balyan, Assistant Professor of Law, Coordinator of Centre for Arbitration and Research, Maharashtra NLU Mumbai.
- Legal Rights and Duties of Sportspersons
Mr. Tarun, Assistant Professor (Research), Member of Centre for Sports and Entertainment Law, Gujarat NLU, Gandhinagar.
- Sports Trade & Commerce
Mr. Utkarsh K. Mishra, Assistant Professor of Law,
Director, Centre for Studies in International Trade and Investment Laws, Dharmashastra NLU, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Sports Agency & Legal Representation
Mr. Abhishek Negi, Assistant Professor of Law, Coordinator of Centre for Advocacy, Research and Training in Sports Law, Maharashtra NLU Mumbai.
- Sports Business Administration
Ms. Tripti Bhushan, Lecturer, O.P. Jindal Global Law Sc،ol, Sonipat, H،a, Advisor, International Centre for Intellectual Property Law, Law Essentials.
- Sports media & Journalism
Ms. Ri،ka Mendiratta, Sports, Media and Entertainment Lawyer.
- Sports & Intellectual Property Law
Mr. Sajid Sheikh, Assistant Professor of Law, Coordinator of Centre for Research in Intellectual Property, Maharashtra NLU Mumbai.
- Sports Regulation & Governance in India
Mr. S،am Tyagi, Advocate, Founding Partner of Chambers of S،am Tyagi & Jatin Julka, New Delhi.
- Online Sports Gaming Landscape
Dr. Anand Raut, Assistant Professor of Law, Deputy Director, Center for Information Communication and Technology Law, Maharashtra NLU Mumbai.
- Sports Gambling: Law, Policy & Practice
Mr. Vidushpat Singhania, Advocate, Managing Partner, Krida Legal, New Delhi.
- Liability in Sports
Dr. Niyati Pandey, Assistant Professor of Law, Head of External Relations, Gujarat NLU, Gandhinagar.
- Ethical Issues in Sports
Mr. Abhinav Shrivastava, Advocate, Partner, LawNK, Bengaluru.
- Gender, Caste & Racial Discrimination in Sports
Dr. Garima Pal, Assistant Professor of Law at Maharashtra NLU Mumbai, Managing Editor of Victimology and Victim Justice Journal, SAGE Publi،ng.
- Sports Contract: Intricacies & Challenges & Career Opportunities in Sports Law
Mr. Subhrajit Chanda, Assistant Professor, Assistant Director of Centre for Sports Law Business and Governance, O.P. Jindal Global Law Sc،ol, Sonipat, H،a.
Interested candidates may register for the course through the link provided towards the end of this post.
- Rs 1,500 (Students – sc،ol, UG, PG, Ph.D), Rs 2,500 (Non-students)
09 October 2023 (MON)
Parti،nts are expected to attend all modules and actively engage in the Q&A sessions. Upon successfully completing the course, parti،nts will receive a “SPORTS LAW IN INDIA” Certificate from MNLU Mumbai.
- Mr. Abhishek Negi, Assistant Professor and Faculty Coordinator of CARTSL, MNLU Mumbai
- Mr. Sajid Sheikh, Assistant Professor and Faculty Coordinator of CRIP, MNLU Mumbai
Su،maniam. S, Course Coordinator
Call: 91-9840854392 (Call/WhatsApp)
Email: su،[email protected]
Note: This is a sponsored post