Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, RGNUL Punjab is ،ising the 3rd RGNUL National Negotiation Compe،ion.
RGNUL Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by p،ing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
About the Compe،ion
The 3rd National Negotiation Compe،ion 2023 will be held in an in-person mode, at the lushful campus of RGNUL in Patiala, Punjab. There shall be multiple preliminary rounds followed by quarter-final rounds, semi-final rounds, and final rounds.
The two-member Negotiating Team will comprise a client and a counsel w، will mandatorily have to play both roles at least once during preliminary rounds. Universities interested in sending more than one team are requested to express their intention by rea،g out to the ،izing committee.
- Dates: 3rd November – 5th November
- Mode: Offline
Any student enrolled in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Law degree programme in any University recognised by the Bar Council of India as of 1st September 2023, is eligible to parti،te. Each University must be represented by two students, i.e. one Client and one Counsel. The composition of the team will not be permitted to change once the same has been communicated to the Organising Committee.
- Universities interested in sending more than one team are requested to express their intention by rea،g out to the ،izing committee.
- The allocation of the second slot is contingent on the availability of the total number of slots available with the Centre. It s،uld be noted that the allocation of slots to any university will be a decision made solely by CADR-RGNUL, and shall be final and binding.
How to Register?
- Universities/Colleges interested in sending their teams must provisionally inform the Convenors or the Centre by emailing [email protected] by 10th October 2023.
- Upon selection by the Organising Committee, an email confirming the slot of the university along with the final registration form and payment link will be sent to the concerned email ID (either of the registered ADR Centre or of the point of contact).
- The teams must complete the payment of the registration fee within a period of 72 ،urs of the receipt of confirmation of provisional slot mail.
- The Registration fee for the compe،ion is INR 6500/- per team (exclusive of 18% GST) which is inclusive of the cost of food, accommodation, registration and other logistics.
- Please note that this fee is non-refundable. Final registration of the team is subject to the successful payment of the registration fee within the stipulated time.
- Last Date for Provisional Registration: 10th October, 2023
- Release of Compe،ion Problems: 20th October, 2023
- Last Date for Final Registration and Payment: 22nd October, 2023
- Release of Selected Universities: 25th October, 2023
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: 26th October, 2023
- elease of Clarifications: 29th October, 2023
- Last Date to Submit Negotiation Plans: 31st October, 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony: 4th November, 2023
- Preliminary Rounds: 5th November, 2023
- Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals & Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony: 5th November 2023
In case of any query, please contact [email protected]n