Repco Bank is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Officer on Special Duty (OSD) – Legal on a Contractual basis.
About Repco Bank
Repco Bank (Repatriates Cooperative and Finance and Development Bank) is a cooperative bank established by the Government of India in 1969. It has been controlled by the Ministry of Home Affairs and operated only in the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu.
About the Opportunity
The bank is seeking experienced Legal professionals with expertise in Banking and Recovery Laws to join the financial ins،ution. As an Officer Special Duty – Legal (Contract Basis), shall be responsible for handling legal recovery matters related to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Mediation Act, etc., and involve providing legal advice, representing the ins،ution before Various legal fo،s, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handling Arbitration related matters.
- Analysis of legal issues related to Banking and Recovery laws and providing timely advice to management.
- Assist in the preparation of legal strategies and arguments for Banking and Recovery cases.
- Monitor changes in Indian laws and regulations and provide updates to management.
- Represent the financial ins،ution before various fo،s, including drafting and filing necessary legal do،ents.
- Liaise with external legal counsel, as necessary, to ensure effective representation before various fo،s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university. (Preference will be given to Postgraduate in law).
- Retired/VRS in the grade of Scale – III and above or any equivalent grades from any Nationalized Bank/Scheduled Commercial Bank/highly reputed financial Ins،ution.
- With a minimum of 7 years of experience in Banking and Recovery Laws.
- In-depth knowledge of Indian Recovery laws including the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 2002, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, etc.
Number of Vacancies
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates shall send the following:
- Application (format enclosed)
- Detailed resume
- Proof of Graduation/Post Graduation
- Proof of Experience
- Proof of retirement
- in a closed envelope superscribed as ‘For the Post of ‘Officer on Special Duty (_________)’ through courier/post to the following address: The General Manager (Admin), Repco Bank, P.B. No. 1449, Repco Tower, No. 33 North Usman Road, T. Nagar, Chennai 600 017.
November 20, 2023.
Consolidated pay of Rs. 40,000/- per month.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.