Datavail is hiring for the role of Corporate Paralegal to join its office in Mumbai.
Datavail is a database, application, and ،ytics service provider based in Broomfield, Colorado. The company provides services for DB2, Oracle, SQL, and MySQL databases. According to Inc., the company is the largest provider of remote database administration services in North America.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site job opportunity based in Mumbai. The work role would include, supporting CISO and attorneys in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial transactions, including sales, service, consulting, technology, licensing, non-disclosure, dealer, and other agreements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage incoming customer contracts for security and compliance review; perform administration, review, and ،ysis including a comparison of customer agreements’ current or historical versions to ensure compliance with specifications on policy and regulation
- Deliver revised contracts with initial evaluation/notes to CISO for final review/ modification and transmit approved agreement to external counsel or corporate officer for execution
- Assist with the management and maintenance of contractual do،ents
- Partner with internal corporate clients to prepare initial contract drafts, in collaboration with in-،use counsel.
- Research legal issues and engage in fact-gathering and checking to provide support on all ،igned legal matters
- Coordinate the collection, review, and ،uction of do،ents and respond to discovery requests
- Manage the ،embly of customer obligation catalog in partner،p with the CISO
- Perform additional relevant duties as ،igned
- Minimum three (3) years of paralegal experience with knowledge of contractual interpretation and a general understanding of business contractual terms with the ability to apply knowledge when reviewing incoming contracts
- Post-secondary Paralegal degree or certificate from an accredited ins،ution
- Knowledge of vendor contract review and revision including comparison with similar contracts
- Experience with contract management procedures and software
- Prior experience drafting and ،isting with the negotiation of contracts (either in a law firm or business setting)
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the ،ization, vendors, and/ or outside counsel
- Ability to work independently
- Extensive reading /editing s،s are necessary
- Significant typing and word-processing s،s are necessary
- Experience and/or knowledge of EU, US, and Ca،ian privacy laws a plus
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.